Thursday, October 1, 2009

Do you need a "Time Out"...

I am weary, O God; I am weary and worn out, O God. (Proverbs 30:1)


I’m tired.

I’m always trying to figure things out. Always trying to improve, to do better. You’d think you’d have something to show for all that always trying.

To put it in simple terms... I wonder if it's all worth it.

Don't get me wrong... I will keep on keeping on... Trusting the Lord and doing good... Going to work... Doing my best... taking care of kids... picking up dropping off... Church... Church... Church... (My "third" place in life)

But I wonder... will it make a difference... does it matter in the long run... Will anyone be affected by the fact that I keep on keeping on?

That's what it's all about isn't it... It's certainly NOT about ME! So if it's not about me, then who is it about? What is it all for?

It has to be about others. Do they see Jesus in me? Do I make them WANT to be a better person? Do I criticize, complain, devalue, or condemn other people? Do I encourage, build up, inspire or acclaim the value of others?

I'm doing one or the other... I get to choose how I treat people. I get to choose what attitude I want to exhibit. I get to choose to make a difference...

And I'm tired...

But I must press on...

I love you!
Lea Anne

No comments: