Monday, June 21, 2010

40 years of the good life...

I turned 40 last week and I have to say it's been a pretty good ride so far.



I've been reflecting on the things in my life that have developed who I am...



I've decided to put a few reflections down on paper and in no certain order so that I can measure my growth in the coming years. I believe the best is yet to come and I have a lot to learn yet.



1. 19 was way too young to have a baby... but 44 seems just right to have all adult children... Perspective is important.



2. What I know about God couldn't have been told to me at an early age, I had to live it to learn it.



3. Childhood friends last a lifetime...



4. You don't have to know what your career will be when you're 13... People change and likes and dislikes change also.



5. You get out of life what you put into it.

6. Faith is only grown when you trust in something bigger than your own ability to accomplish something.

7. Prayer works!

8. Attitude is everything. Talent is just added value...

9. Live... Laugh... Love.... there's a reason this is on plaques!

10. The joy of the Lord is my strength... Nehemiah 8:10

These are just few reflections that have gotten me through the last 40 years. Important ones...

No comments: