Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Can't we all just get along?

Sometimes I think we get a little competitive in the ministry world because to be honest, aren't we always looking at others to see how God is blessing them, or comparing ourselves to others to see if we are better than they are? Do you find yourself looking at other Christians and wishing you were more like them?

It is up to us to become a better student of the word or to just stay where we are and never grow... It is our responsibility to be more diligent in becoming more like Christ... God is always on our side, drawing us to him, but we have to take the initiative to study and know him more...

Deuteronomy is full of promises from God... If you do this.... then I (God) will do this... Wouldn't you like God to set you "high above" the problems of the world... set you apart from the wickedness in our midst... rise above the pettiness of daily gossip... Wouldn't that be wonderful to know that God is in control of everything and when we trust him with everything, he will lead us into the place of peace and rest?


"If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come upon you and accompany you if you obey the LORD your God: You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country. . . The LORD will grant that the enemies who rise up against you will be defeated before you. They will come at you from one direction but flee from you in seven. The LORD will send a blessing on your barns and on everything you put your hand to. The LORD your God will bless you in the land he is giving you" (Deut 28:1-8).

My heart has just been broken this week by the realization that some people are just plain mean...I came to the point over the last few days where I let God take me on his wings to a higher place...I stopped worrying about what others were doing and I asked God to show me what I should be doing to know him more... I focused on God and stopped looking at those that dissappointed me.

I want to issue a challenge to you for the next 6 weeks... Ready? If you aren't interested then stop reading, but if you are interested in being taken to a new height with God then read on...

Instead of talking about someone, tell someone what Jesus is doing in your life...

Instead of listening to others talk about someone, share with them a prayer that you are trusting God to answer in your life...

If I were to come up to you and ask you, "Tell me what Jesus is doing in your life today?" and you don't have an answer... then search out what the Lord is doing for you that is good and promoting you to another level and have that answer ready to share with others...

If you can't for the life of you answer this question... Then ask God to reveal to you what you need to change in your life in order to trust him a little more with something so you can share with others what you need them to pray with you about...

Let's FIND a reason to get along...
In Christ,
Lea Anne

No comments: