Thursday, May 21, 2009

I commit my work to You, Lord...

I commit my work to You, Lord, knowing you will establish it (Proverbs 16:3)


Yesterday I worked a Job Fair hosted by KPLC and I was stunned to see and hear the devastation that some people are facing with job losses, corporate cutbacks, and layoffs... I am so blessed to have this wonderful job that I have and I left that Job Fair just praising God for the opportunity He gave me 9 years ago to come to work for KPLC.

We don't always have a choice about what happens to us in our jobs, but we do have a choice about the attitude with which we choose to work at our jobs... I absolutely LOVE my job and am thankful everyday for it... Do you love your job? Have you thanked the Lord today for what he's done for you? Are you living with an attitude of gratitude?

This attitude of gratitude goes into every aspect of our lives where we choose to serve others. Are you serving to get or give? I really think we need to ask ourselves why we do what we do. If for one moment we take our eyes off the focus of our service and place it on ourselves and what we receive from that service, then we will always find fault or feel ungrateful, or feel some other emotion that involves the need to be affirmed, accepted, applauded, or appreciated... This type of emotion will always give us reason to complain, criticize or become complacent in our service... Have you said, "Well, so and so does it, why can't I" or "They'll never know if I come in a little late" or "_______ likes ______ more than me. He's playing favorites!"

Don't let that happen to you...

Don't become a part of the problem... set your eyes on the One to whom we bring our praise and worship... Jesus Christ... then you can live a life that is free of emotional destruction... This kind of "What's in it for Me" Mentality is what keeps people in bondage and never free to fully serve with wholehearted abandon... We are told to "do everything as unto the Lord, remaining fervent in Spirit, don't lag in diligence (Romans 12:11) Don't do it for praise from men, but may your service always glorify the Lord.

Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men. Proverbs 22:29


Go excel in your service today!
Lea Anne

No comments: