Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Just waiting...


I find myself in another season of waiting... Waiting is not easy... You would think that waiting around would be easy... I mean all you have to do is wait, right? But waiting on God is not the same thing as waiting in line, or waiting for the doctor, or waiting on your kids to get ready to go somewhere... When you wait on God, it's because He is trying to teach you something. He's trying to show you something... He's trying to bring you to another level of trust... He's working things out in other people's lives that will align themselves up to what He wants to do in your life. This kind of waiting takes a special kind of discipline that only the Holy Spirit can develop in you. This kind of patience... It is a fruit of the spirit...

So as I wait on all those other things to line up in order for God's plan for me to be laid out for me to walk on, I involve myself in knowing God better. I'm starting to read the Gospels in my quiet time...

I read a blog entry the other day that talked about going at the speed of God. You know that feeling when you are in a car and you are speeding down the road at 60 mph and all the things you pass by are just a blur? The trees, the signs, the buildings you pass are not in focus, and you can't see details? But then another car comes up along side you and is going at the same speed as you are, you can look across and see everything about it... The people in it, what they are doing, if there is a television on, you can tell what movie it is? All the details are in focus and clear, yet you are driving along at 60 mph? That is how it is when we are going the same speed as God. If we are behind him or ahead of Him or not even on the same highway as Him, we are always playing catch up and don't notice anything around us... Life is all a blur... but when we are going at the same speed as God, then everything comes into focus... Even the waiting on God... He's not standing still, he may be going 60 mph down the road, but when we are at the same speed as him, we are moving forward even if it feels like we're standing still... Does that make sense to you? It was very clear to me as I have been waiting on God... I'm not sitting still, I'm being moved forward to the next thing that God has for me... I just can't exit the highway before God does, or pass Him up because I think He's going too slow. I have to follow Him closely and at the same speed as He is... It's recognizing when God decides to switch lanes or exit, that I have to focus on... Not knowing where the exits are...

I hope this resonates with someone today. You don't have to know where you're going, you just have to trust and follow the guidance of the Lord...

I love you,
Lea Anne

No comments: