Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Putting up the "For Sale" sign today



This picture represents a little early morning misting and at the same time, I'm feeling a little misty eyed by putting the "For Sale" sign in the yard this morning. I am completely trusting that the Lord's will for us will reveal itself in the way the next few things transpire...

If you are familiar with the story of the Israelites as they left the wilderness to enter into the promise land, they had to cross the Jordan River... It was at its flood time in the early spring, and it was a raging river. God told Joshua to have the priests put their feet in the water, while they carried the Ark, in to the river. This point is missed by most people, but was very evident in my heart as I read this that God will do the impossible, but we have to do the possible first... And that is trust Him completely... We have to put our feet in the raging river of life, of decisions, of actions, and then God will perform the miracle of rolling back the sea so we can cross on dry land...

He does that for us if we seek Him with our whole heart. He knows the heart above all else, and He will direct you down the path of His best for you, when you give up the control to Him completely...

I don't have to know where I'm going from here... I just have to take the first step of obedience... That is trusting God...

So don't cry for me, Argentina... (I love that show in case you haven't seen it, Evita) I will be okay. God will direct us to the next thing... He will take care of us.

I love you!
Lea Anne

No comments: