Monday, December 8, 2008

The Little Faith Test

If you've been following my blog, you might remember when I talked about the "Prayer that Moves Mountains." I've been praying and seeking God's ear about the next step in my life and I think I know what it is I'm to do. This new branch of advertising at KPLC may be the way that brings about the income to pay for the new house.
In Sunday School yesterday, we were discussing how God shows up in our life and how our faith is tested, and I made a comment about never worrying about how I was going to pay for the house once it was built... I just knew we were suppose to build it... (Dana's comment was "That is the VERY THING he has been worried about since we started building).. The difference between Dana and Me is that I don't worry about something past the point of what I know to do... I just "Trust the Lord and do not worry!"
So as I'm praying about the next step with God, he just shows up with a peace that I can't understand and always delivers in His own time....

As we pray for increase in faith, we have to be walking in faith... God takes the tiniest bit of faith we have and makes it grow into something big when we act on it. The Bible says that "God has dealt to each one a measure of faith" Romans 12:3. We already have some faith to start with. When we step out in that faith, God increases our faith. In other words, acting in faith begats more faith...

So just get up in the morning and say... Lord, increase my faith today... but you have to do something that is outside of the realm of what YOU CAN DO ON YOUR OWN, or it isn't a God-sized faith... Trust... and then obey...
Let me know what you are trusting for in faith today...
I love you all,
Lea Anne

No comments: