Friday, December 19, 2008

Signing on the House on Woodside...


We signed all the paperwork for the house today... It's official... We are house poor now... We have a great house, but a huge financial responsibility... I've been praying about this responsibility and although I've had this feeling the last few weeks about whether or not we were suppose to live in the house, I do have a peace that I don't have to know how I'm going to pay for it... Our family will have to do some serious budgeting and stay on track of managing our expenses, but I also don't believe that we will have to manage it on what we currently make. I feel this whole opportunity of how this house came to be, was an opportunity to step up to a new level of faith with God...

It has been my experience with God, that He won't give us more responsibility until we've proven to be faithful with the one he has already entrusted to us. If we aren't responsible with a little, then how can we be trusted with much... That is from Luke 16:10... This was a piece of scripture that the Lord spoke to my heart back in 2004 and I have been praying that I can be a little more faithful today than I was yesterday... The Lord is always faithful and one of the things that I know to be true is that our faith walk with God is strengthened when we put a little action behind our words...

Dana and I stepped out in faith last year in October when we put our house on the market... Then God led us here, now I will journal where God leads us next, and I am excited to share that journey with anyone who will listen...

Go trust God a little more today and see where that faithfulness leads you.

Love,

Lea Anne


No comments: