Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A deliberate Leap in the opposite direction...

There are some things one can only achieve by a deliberate leap in the opposite direction.
Franz Kafka (1883–1924), Austro-Hungarian writer
I have been having a time of understanding and resting in God's peace over a situation I'm having to deal with, and I've made a decision to do nothing... I know that doesn't sound like a good plan of action, but I have peace about the decision. If I do nothing, then whatever happens is evidence of what God is doing in that situation.

Sometimes we want to play God for people in our lives. That is God's job and since we can't know a person's heart, we have to sit back and watch their actions...
The bible says that we are known by our fruit... Gal.5:22 says the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self-control... If we are bearing this fruit, then it's pretty safe to say that our hearts are right...

Okay, here's where it gets a little sticky... what if we aren't demonstrating ALL these characteristics of fruit, just some of them... Does that mean our heart isn't right?

This is what God has been showing me... If we are better today than we were last month, or last year, or five years ago... then the fruit is being manifested in us... If we demonstrate a little more patience today than we did in our past life, then the spirit is working in our lives... A CHANGED life is what bears witness to a life saved by grace... A CHANGED life...

But be sure that the evidence of a life WITHOUT the spirit's saving grace... is also represented in a person's actions...

Gal 5:19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like.
If your life has these characteristics, then I would challenge you to get on your knees and ask God to reveal the parts of your heart that are deceiving you... Break out of those sinful behaviors that lead to discord... Turn the opposite way that you've been going, and see if God can't work a miracle in your life.

I love you and I pray for you all daily... I am at rest today and I thank God for instilling that peace in me...
Lea Anne

No comments: