Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 4 and Day 5...

I hope that I have more interesting blog titles than just Day whatever in the future, but for now, this has been my focus. It's hard to do a running series of events around a single topic because so many things bombard us in a day that we can easily get sidetracked.

Day 4 was fairly simple so I did it with ease... It was to call your spouse without any agenda just to let them know you were thinking of them. Dana and I talk to each other about 7 times a day and usually eat lunch together every day so that wasn't so difficult.

But Day 5... That has taken a little time to implement... The challenge for this day was to ask your spouse what three things were the most irritating and frustrating things that you do that might annoy your spouse... Talk about self-reflection... It takes guts to hear what your spouse has to say.

I could tell you right off what one of them are, but I'm going to let him tell me what his most irritating things about me are and then I'll share his comments with you.

One of the things that I was feeling yesterday was weighing heavy on my heart and it is just something that I'm going to have to deal with... Dana helped put it in perspective for me and this is what he said...

The years that I've invested in my co-workers has come to the point where I don't have to persuade them to do as I do, I just have to keep doing what I do. My disappointment comes when I see the evidence of a life that is so far removed from Christ or I don't see any interest at all in Christ like things, and I feel defeated... Dana said that the time of response is their responsibility... I've done what I can, I've lived the example, and although I'm no where NEAR a perfect example, I have been consistent in my walk and talk over the years that I don't have to convince them. Now I just need to demonstrate a little love and patience while they make their decision.

These are the kind of discussions that Dana and I have on a daily basis and I wouldn't trade that relationship for anything in the world. We are always asking each other what kind of God conversation did we have that day with someone we work with, and we pray together for our family and our friends. I'm so thankful for him for that. I'm just so thankful for my life and I will not allow the enemy to make me feel defeated and unworthy. So I share my concern with you as an opportunity to ask for prayer, because that is what I do when I feel defeated. I start praying and praising God for what He's done for me and for who he is and then things don't seem so depressing anymore.

I'll try to keep the post down to a minimum of explanation as I can get a little wordy. Thanks for listening.
Love you!
Lea Anne

No comments: