Thursday, June 25, 2009

Treated myself to a spa retreat this week...

I finally used a gift certificate that Dana gave me for Christmas and scheduled a spa retreat this past Tuesday. It was the whole package of a massage.... AHHHH!
A facial, which I've never had before but really enjoyed. It was like two massages back to back.

And I had a pedicure and manicure. Ashton keeps saying that she's enamored of my nails and her eyes keep watching my hands move... They really are pretty, but I'm not the dainty type and they are already chipped after just two days.


It was so worth the time to invest in a little TLC for myself. I don't do it often enough and I have had a really stressful few weeks at work and home. I need a little renewing of my mind and body.
Last night as I was trying to sleep, I kept rehearsing in my head what I was going to say to my boss about a particular problem with a client. I couldn't get it out of my head and I finally started to sing praise songs about create in a me a clean heart, and I'm gonna lift up the name of Jesus, and of course my favorite praise song is Seek ye first, the Kingdom of God... I must have drifted off to sleep while singing because I just remember waking up about 3am and having to go to the bathroom. Then I fell back to sleep...
So when the word of God says to think on whatsoever is noble, true, right, uplifting... that it really does help to blot out the noise that preoccupies our mind...
I hope you find some renewal in your life soon.
Love you!
Lea Anne


No comments: