Monday, February 23, 2009

Can we dissappoint God?

I just received a fresh perspective from God that I'm meditating on and I wanted to share it with any of you who happen to log on here... Any insight would be greatly appreciated...

Here it is... Can we dissappoint God?

Stay with me here... I believe that God knows everything about us and everything that we do, have done, or are planning to do in the future, right? If this is so, then He already knows the outcome of everything we attempt to do...

If we choose to follow him in obedience, then he is gracious and ready to reward us with blessing...

If we choose to willfully disobey his precepts, then we miss out on a blessing by God, and in most cases, we may even have to suffer a consequence for that disobedience...

Either way, God knows what we are going to do, and if we don't do the right thing, does that cause him to be dissappointed in us? Or, does he not expect a thing from us and when we choose to obey him he rewards us for it?

This is a little confusing when we think about it, because we have all these things that as Christians, we're not suppose to do, right? These things are for our benefit and prosperity, not because God wants to control us and tell us to not do something... God can't love us anymore than he already does at the beginning of our existence... He loves us SO much and he never changes, regardless of whether or not we obey him? right?

I just want to wrap my head around this new concept of God and strive to not grieve him in anything I do, but to always seek him and pray for the opportunity to be used by him to accomplish a kingdom purpose while I'm still on Earth.

Just food for thought,
Lea Anne

No comments: