Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A Friend in Need

However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
John 16:13


Last week a friend came to my mind that I hadn't seen since January and I didn't stop and make contact with them but I did comment to Dana that I hadn't seen them and was wondering about them... Yesterday, I got a call from that family and I could not believe what had been happening in their lives...

Their 3 year old daughter was diagnosed with stage 5 Melanoma... She has had 7 surgeries since January to remove her saliva glands and lymph nodes as well as a portion of her cheek... She is now taking 3 shots of interferon (Chemo) every week and only has a 39% survival rate... We just need to pray for that family, for endurance and financial assistance... Her husband was hurt at work a month ago and hasn't been able to work since then... they hope he can go back to work in 3 weeks... Lord, help them. Just remember the Royer family in your prayers...

I guess what I'm trying to relate to in this blog is that when the Lord lays someone on your heart, we shouldn't waste the opportunity to contact them. The Lord sees all and knows all and we have a living breathing spirit within us that guides us in the way we should go and the things we should pray... That spirit even prays on behalf of us when we don't know what to pray... We may not know what they may be going through but the Lord knows what they need and we should be sensitive to the voice of the spirit in those situations where someone is placed on our hearts.

I did have a chance to pray with her on the phone, and I will be sure to contact her and make sure she has all she needs, but I did want to pass along this impression I received and hope that it helps you as others are brought to your mind...

I love you all and will remember you in my prayers,
Lea Anne

No comments: