Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fasting and Praying

Dear Lord, Thank you for this day. Thank you for my being able to see, to hear, to speak, to move about this morning. I'm blessed because you are a forgiving and understanding God. You have done so much for me. I have witnessed your hand of blessing, your miraculous power in my life and the lives of those I love, and you just keep on blessing me. Forgive me this day for everything I have done, said or thought that was not pleasing to you. I ask now for your forgiveness. Please keep me, my family, and my church family safe from all danger and harm. Help me to start this day with a positive and Christ-focused attitude and plenty of gratitude. Please clear my mind of distractions so that I can hear from you and please direct my steps today. Thank you so much, in Jesus' name, amen.

I was called into a season of Fasting and Praying for 2 months before we left for Ukraine and I sensed the presence of the Lord in a mighty way during that time... If we are honest with ourselves, we sometimes lift up our requests to the Lord but we don't have the substance to do more for our prayers like fasting and getting on our knees in submission... We just want God to answer our prayers without any hard work on our part... I thank the Lord for the blessings he's brought to my life and I know that the Lord will continue to bless us... Staying faithful is a daily task... It's not something that Dana and I take lightly... It's something that requires action on our part... We don't just sit back and wait on God to do for us, we Pray and seek the Lord first and then act in faith that he will supply the answer.

"...while I was still in prayer, Gabriel, the man I had seen in the earlier vision, came to me in swift flight about the time of the evening sacrifice. He instructed me and said to me, 'Daniel, I have now come to give you insight and understanding'" (Dan 9:21-22).

No comments: