Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Opportunity Knocks

I was talking to a friend the other day and she was questioning her decision to start a new career path... She made a comment about the expectation of her current career path not being what her parents thought it would be, and I wanted to set up camp on that topic today... Do you have expectations for your future? I'm not talking about goals, I'm talking about a preconceived idea of what your future will be, or what it should be, or what it is suppose to be now?... All because of what someone else, or maybe even you, THOUGHT you would be doing?

I want to talk about those plans that we make for ourselves that leave NO ROOM for opportunity... Are you so set on the path that you think is what you've always wanted that you are not open to opportunity?... Do you leave out all aspects of spontaneity in life that could bring you into a better future that God may have laid out for us before we were ever born because it would change the PLANS you may have made for yourself? If you have a relationship with the Lord and you diligently seek direction from Him, He will always lead you to a path of good.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity.

or...

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

I want to challenge you to not focus so much on the expected future career choices or lifestyle you think you want, as to focus your attention on God and trust that He leads us everyday down the path that He has already laid out for us... The path that is full of opportunity to serve Him and to be used by Him as He leads us to the place He has laid out for us... That is what our today should consist of... Looking for opportunity to serve the Lord in the little ways that please Him... and not to worry about the final resting place of our lives... If we only look at that place, we will be sure to miss out on all the little things that will bring blessing to our life today...

I hope you are walking the path of righteousness and peace...

Isaiah 32:17 The fruit of righteousness will be peace; the effect of righteousness will be quietness and confidence forever.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing Lea Anne. Just today I was praying that I would walk with God...never take a step without him and never hesitate to step when he calls. :o)