Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Knowing What to do next....

I have to say that the actual move was good because we had about 5 people show up from Sunday School to help us Sunday after church.. The weather was beautiful and the fellowship sweet... The first night I woke up a little confused about where I was because the house sounded differently than what I was used to.... But last night was better.

I have felt a little blue since yesterday and I know my spirit well enough to know that it is trying to tell me something... So I have to be still and listen for a while... I'll just ask for prayer from you to help me discern the next step in my walk on this earth.

For almost a year now, I've known what my mission was... Trust the Lord and do the work... from 2 Chronicles... I know I will continue to Trust the Lord, it's just that the work part has changed now... The work I was to do this last year involved building the house. Now that that's done, I have to pray about the next building project the Lord wants me to start.... Help me pray will you?

I want to add what I read in my devotional today as I prepare my heart to hear from the Lord about the next step...

We can't live successfully without right priorities in our lives. Correct priorities are not something we can figure out on our own. We have to be led by the Holy Spirit and have a clear knowledge of God's Word in order to understand what they should be...God is a God of order. We can tell that by looking at the universe. None of it is random or accidental. He doesn't want our lives to be either. His will is that we "let all things be done decently and in order" (1 Corinthians 14:40). And when we pray to Him about it, He will help us do JUST THAT!!

I know that if my life is not in proper order I will not receive the blessings that God has for me. But I also know that if I seek HIM First, all that I need will be added to me.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Matthew 6:33

No comments: