Friday, September 12, 2008

The Cone of Uncertainty

I've been hearing this phrase a lot lately and it got me to thinking about how we live in the Cone of Uncertainty on a daily basis... I wanted to be light hearted and upbeat with this email because the hurricane stress already has people on edge. It is a storm for sure and it will probably rain a lot and flood and there will be wind. But I want to reemphasize the importance that God is in Control. We are to be wise and live with a little bit of good sense and I pray for that ability even now as I make preparations for the storm. I did go to the store yesterday and I got gas in my truck and food in the pantry and a generator on stand by because we know we'll lose electricity, but I will just have to hunker down until the storm passes... Is hunker down even a word... I'm going to google that now to see....
Hun´ker down v.
1. to crouch or squat; to sit on one's haunches.
2. to settle in at a location for an extended period; - also (figuratively) to maintain a position and resist yielding to some pressure, as of public opinion.
3. to take shelter, literally or figuratively; to assume a defensive position to resist difficulties.

I guess it is a real word... That's what I'll be doing over the next few days, and I'll let you know how things go afterward...
Ya'll take care and I'll see you on the other side of the storm
Lea Anne

No comments: