Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Eat, Drink (or don't) and Be Merry

I want to say a quick word of encouragement to any of you who may be struggling with an addiction of some sort. I've recently had to deal with a friend and a relative with the problem of alcohol addiction and both are seeking help for this problem... I want to say that I have dealt with this issue in a very personal way because of my father's addiction problem when I was in high school. He battled it for over 20 years before he finally gave it up and within 6 months of him putting down the bottle, he had a massive heart attack and died. This is no laughing matter. Alcohol is serious stuff... It is a demon that comes in and takes over a person's life. You can't beat it, you have to STOP it... I ran across this verse last night and I feel it is needed for someone who is battling this or something like this addictive disorder.
1 Peter 2:1-3
So get rid of all malicious behavior and deceit. Don't just pretend to be good! Be done with hypocrisy and jealousy and backstabbing.
You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness.


Remember in one of my other blogs that I asked you what Spiritual Milk was in the scriptures? It is the unfailing, everlasting, breath of God inspired, TRUE, Word of God...The Bible.

I want to help you get through this time of defeat if you are facing an addiction... Please cry out for help. Other people have been where you are and can relate to how you feel... We can help.
Please ask for it. Call on Jesus to deliver you from this stronghold.

I love you all and thank God for you every day.
Lea Anne

No comments: