Saturday, October 18, 2008

Behavior Modification Day Number 2


You may be asking what am I trying to modify about my behavior?
I went to a Women's Conference on Thursday and was able to attend a seminar called "Light My Fire" which was a seminar for "Big Girls"... Did you know that it is totally legal to flirt, date, and seduce your husband? I know that as a married woman I have the right to do that, but I don't always take advantage of that right... So I decided that I would not only start trying to be a little more pleasant towards Dana, but I would try to be a little more pleasant looking... Does the picture at the top remind you of any one? Unfortunately, that's me, at home... UUGGHH!!
It's not that we don't have a great marriage, but whose marriage couldn't stand a little more intentional effort poured into it? I am going to do a little work on myself, because one of the things the speaker mentioned was about how we present ourselves to our husbands... It's like we put on our best clothes, do our hair and makeup, and put our best face forward for everyone else, but when we get home we look or dress like something the cat dragged in... She also mentioned how we should maintain our nails... both fingers and feet!!! This is where I drop the ball big time and never get a manicure or pedicure... I always thought I was being frugal in not spending the money... I never looked at it as a way to entice my husband? Do men notice things like that?
How beautiful are your sandaled feet...how beautiful you are and how pleasing... (Song of Songs 7..)
And one more thing she mentioned, we should have a fragrance about us that will remind our husbands of us... and I don't think "bacon grease" is the fragrance we should shoot for... Although this is quite tantalizing...

Pleasing is the fragrance of your perfumes; your name is like perfume poured out...(Song of Songs 1:3)

One other thing she spoke about was speaking a word of encouragement into our husbands... Telling them how handsome they were, or how strong they were, and she used scripture to emphasis the need to do this as well...
My lover is radiant and ruddy, outstanding among ten thousand. His head is purest gold; his hair is wavy and black as a raven. His eyes are like doves by the water streams, washed in milk, mounted like jewels. His cheeks are like beds of spice yielding perfume, his lips... his arms... his body... his legs... his appearance... his mouth is sweetness itself; he is altogether lovely. This is my lover, this my friend... (Song of Songs 5...)

Well, I always like to share when something I've heard or read has touched me in a way that makes me WANT to be a better person, and this was something that I've actually already started to implement... I'm on DAY 2... I'll let you know how it turns out...

No comments: