Thursday, October 2, 2008

Introducing.... The Media Room!


The reason we haven't had any pictures of the upstairs media room, is because we've had to use this rickety "Home-Made" ladder as a means to get up there... I haven't really wanted to climb it, so I haven't taken any pictures.... However, they installed the railing on the baluster yesterday and I had to show you how pretty it was... So here is the adventure of braving the ladder....

The approach is cautious...
I'm half-way up and it's hasn't fallen yet....

I've made it to the top and isn't the slate blue color beautiful?...

I actually have to put the camera down and hold on with both hands in order to get from the top rung onto the landing... All this while balancing the rickety ladder underneath me... It was quite entertaining... However no one was there to see me... AH!!! the media room at last.... We have a full shower, wet bar and will have a 103 inch projection screen television placed over the window at the end... Surround sound and booster upstairs.... I know my most used phrase after we move in will be "Turn that DOWN!!!"
Up close shot of the baluster.... The wrought iron will match the iron on the spiral staircase that will be installed after the flooring goes down in the kitchen... I can't wait to have a real staircase leading up there...
The beverage center.... Dana freaked out when he found out how much ice makers were. Needless to say, we don't have an ice maker upstairs...But we will have a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee pot!!! What more can a MAN ROOM need than that.... (oh and don't forget the bathroom!)
For an afterthought, this media room turned out pretty good... We thought we would utilize the empty space above the garage and I'm so glad that Dana will have a room all to himself...

I'll post more later....

Take care.

Lea Anne

No comments: