Monday, October 6, 2008

I'll Let You in on a Real Conversation between Me and God

I'm going to let you in on a Conversation...

To see how this plays out, you have to know a little of the background... Almost a year ago, when Dana and I were thinking and praying about whether to put the house up for sale, I was led to a verse in Amos... It said,

Do two walk together unless they have agreed to do so? Amos 3:3

This struck me as a word from God about how Dana and I had to agree completely on the next step we were to take together, or it would be in vain... then we decided as a couple to sell the Prien Lake Rd house and build the Woodside house...

So it's been about a year since that prayer and the other day, I was doing my Beth Moore study and I was led to a scripture in Amos... It immediately rang a bell in my head about the scripture from last September and I turned to the passage...
This is the passage that jumped out at me.

Therefore, though you build beautiful stone houses, you will never live in them. Amos 5:11b

Now this is where I have to chew this around a little... let's think about it for awhile... I'm letting you in on how I process a word from God...

As I am thinking back over the last year, I use my journal as a guide, to see how the Lord has talked to me throughout this whole process... Did he ever say to me that I would LIVE in the house he has allowed us to build? I remember in 1 Chronicles 28:9-10 he said this....

9 “And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately.
Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord
sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will
find him. But if you forsake him, he will reject you forever. 10 So take this
seriously. The Lord has chosen you to build a Temple as his sanctuary. Be strong, and do the work.”


He did say to be strong and do the work, and this...

Then David continued, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly. 21 The various divisions of priests and Levites will serve in the Temple of God. Others with skills of every kind will volunteer, and the officials and the entire nation are at your command.”

So I feel like He definitely called us to go ahead and build the house.

Then in my Journal I wrote on 9/3/08... Someone called about buying the house today... Could this be your will Lord. To sell it before we ever live in it?

I write things that I don't remember praying sometimes in my journal, and that's what I wrote about not living in the house. I wrote this BEFORE I read the scripture this past week from Amos 5:11b...

Therefore, though you build beautiful stone houses, you will never live in them...

So did God ever say we would live there?..

So what do I do now?...

I wait....

I wait on the Lord....

I keep doing what I know the Lord told me to do until he tells me to do something different... I keep building until it's finished, (which according to Dana, will be about 6 weeks) and I wait to see where the Lord will lead us next... Do you want to wait with me? I'll keep you posted on my conversation with God and when I hear a new word...

This verse could have been preparing my heart to receive a new word from the Lord, or it could have been a test to see if I cared more about the house than I did about the Lord who gave me the house to build... It's all about priorities...
Will I be able to sacrifice this house before I ever live there if that is what the Lord was asking me to do?

I don't even have to think about it.... YES!!! I know that if the Lord doesn't give me THIS HOUSE, it's because He has something better... You may be thinking, what's better than a new house? I can think of many things... A house that is free and clear of a mortgage... or a house that is in a new country... or a house that is in the heavenlies...

Our lives are like dust... here today and gone tomorrow... so if we don't take everyday as a gift from the Lord, we miss out on our purpose in life... To know God better... That's what I want more than a house...

I'm not saying this is set in stone(no pun intended)... we may very well be allowed to live here, which would be wonderful in my mind... I'm just putting my thoughts out there for you to see how God and I communicate... I'm letting you in on a little of my journaling...

If you don't journal, maybe you could start... It's a great way to remember what you think on and to see answered prayer...

Until the next post...
Go in peace, Lea Anne

No comments: