Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Comfort the Brokenhearted

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord has appointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to announce that captives will be released and prisoners will be freed. Isaiah 61:1

I am definitely being stretched by God here... I am not one to be very sensitive to other people and I'm usually a very "tell it like it is" person. After my heart was broken last Wednesday night, I've been re-evaluating my purpose for the moment... I feel like I've been called to reach out to hurting people... I have to call upon the Lord for the strength and ability to do this, because it doesn't come naturally... I do know the voice of the Lord and I will just have to submit to it.... I pray I can offer a little comfort to someone today... I pray you too, will see someone in need today...

No comments: